Thursday, August 19, 2010

Anne Mugisha for Nakawa - Let us Fundraise for Change!

Am reaching out to friends to help me raise funds or to volunteer for my campaign. A few weeks ago I announced my intention to represent the people of Nakawa Division, Kampala District, in Uganda's Parliament.

http://www.monitor.co.ug/News/National/-/688334/966840/-/x2of92/-/index.html
http://mbu-nugu.blogspot.com/2010/07/anne-mugisha-for-nakawa-constituency.html
http://www.observer.ug/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9490&Itemid=59

As you know I have always been concerned about exclusion of many Ugandans from access to economic opportunity and basic social services. I believe I can make a positive contribution towards realizing our goals of an equitable and just society through Parliament and I am requesting your financial support.

This campaign will require a strong and organized grassroots organization. I have so far met community leaders in Nakawa and received their overwhelming and humbling endorsement of my decision to run against the incumbent MP. I will need brochures, flyers, yard signs, radio messages, tv informercials and door-to-door campaigns to canvass. I have attached a poster and flyer that have been developed for the campaign. I cannot do this alone. That’s why I’m inviting the people that know me best to join my campaign and help make a real difference.

An early contribution of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or UGX1000/=, 10,000/= 100,000, 1,000,000/= to my campaign will help raise the initial funds needed to launch the campaign. You can make a contribution conveniently to my Paypal Account using a debit or credit card or using your own Paypal account. Click the following link (or paste it in your browser) and follow the simple instructions to donate.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=ND75TM4V2MT3A

Alternatively you can email me anne@fdcuganda or text/call me on 0791 77 00 55 (after Aug 18th) and let me know how you would like me to receive your donation to me in Uganda shillings. I also welcome volunteers and any non-monetray contribution that you can make to the campaign.

Together we can make a positive change.

Anne Mugisha for Nakawa

Speaking Truth to Power

No comments:

Post a Comment